Located in the beautiful Kettle Moraine in southwest Waukesha County, the Village of Eagle is identified by its smiley faced yellow water tower. Eagle has a history dating back to 1836. When the southern branch of the Milwaukee & St Paul Railroad came through the town in 1851, the Village of Eagle Center was created, leading to the eventual decline of other villages in the township. With the passing of time, the Village name evolved to Eagle.
By 1880, the Village was considered the third ranking community in the county in terms of commercial importance. It could boast two dry goods houses, two hardware stores, two clothing and tailoring establishments, a butcher shop, grocer, harness shop, milliners, saloons and a grain elevator and warehouse.
Eagle was nearly named Diamond City in the mid-1800s when it became known that a diamond had been discovered in 1876. Eagle was incorporated as a Village on September 11,1899. For more information on Eagle’s history, please see the Eagle Historical Society website (www.eaglehistoricalsociety.org)
Camping, hiking, snowmobile and horse trails are nearby, as well as the living historical museum, Old World Wisconsin.
The Village of Eagle is governed by a Village President and a Board of Trustees. Our Fire Department, Recreation Department and Library are shared with the Town of Eagle, but the Village has its own Police Department with three full time officers and six part time officers.
The Village Park is the site of the annual Kettle Moraine Days held in June. Rides, games, food and music are in the park on Friday, Saturday and Sunday with a parade down Main Street on Sunday at noon. A gathering that reunites families and friends.
In October, the Eagle Pumpkin Party displays scarecrows on the street corners of Main Street. There is pumpkin painting and pumpkin “dropping”, along with music and of course, food.
When you come to Eagle and see the yellow water tower, remember the motto, EAGLE, WE GIVE YOU A SMILE!
Make sure to check the "News & Announcements" tab for current events in the Village.