Address: 126 E Main Street
Eagle, Wisconsin 53119
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm
VILLAGE BURNING RESTRICTIONS
- It shall be prohibited for any person to burn:
- Grass clippings.
- Hazardous substances including but not limited to batteries, household chemicals, pesticides, used oil and other petroleum products, solvents, tires and rubber.
- Any plastic materials including but not limited to nylon, PVC, ABS, polystyrene or urethane foam, synthetic fabrics, plastic films, and plastic containers.
- It shall be prohibited for any person to:
- Create an unattended fire.
- Allow the continuous smoldering of a fire.
- Burn upon any street, curb, gutter or sidewalk.
- Create a foul or offensive odor, noxious fumes, or cause smoke emissions that are reasonably offensive to occupants of surrounding property.
- It shall be permissible for:
- A homeowner or his/her designee to create a camp-style fire if such is contained within a manufactured fireplace, a pit, stone circle, or metal ring no more than four (4) feet in diameter.
- All fires must be continuously tended and supervised until the fire is extinguished and is cold.
- The person responsible for tending and supervising a fire shall have readily available, fire extinguishing equipment as may be necessary for the total control of the fire.
- All allowed open burning shall be conducted in a safe, nuisance-free manner, when wind and weather conditions minimize adverse effects and do not create a health hazard or a visibility hazard on roadways, railroads, parks, or sidewalks. Open burning shall be conducted in conformance with all local and state fire protection regulations.
- The Fire Chief, Police Chief, or any authorized officer, agent, employee or representative of the Village of Eagle who presents credentials may inspect any property for the purpose of ascertaining compliance with the provisions of this ordinance.
- If any of the aforementioned officials noted in subsection (E) of this section direct that a fire be extinguished for any reason, said fire must be extinguished immediately.
Welcome to the Kettle Moraine Fire District
It is with great enthusiasm that we welcome you to the Village of Eagle website! The KMFD Officers are honored to serve with the men and women who take pride in being a part of the Kettle Moraine Fire District. Our firefighters and Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs) spend many hours away from their families throughout the month to ensure that they maintain a state of readiness.
KMFD responds out of one station centrally located in downtown Eagle and routinely provides mutual aid to six other neighboring communities (Dousman, Palmyra, East Troy, Troy Center, Mukwonago, and North Prairie).
We are a combination fire department consisting of one full time, several part time, and over thirty highly dedicated paid on call employees. The Fire Station is staffed during the day with one part-time paid FF/EMT from 6:00 am – 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday and 8:00 am – 4:00 pm on Saturday and Sunday. Our paid on call staffing respond from their home from 6:00 pm to 6:00 am, 365 nights per year. The full time OIC staffs the station at a minimum, from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday thru Friday.
The department currently operates two Engines, two Ambulances (AEMT level), a Heavy Rescue, a Tender, a Brush truck, an off road UTV, and a staff vehicle.
In 2015 the department responded to 386 “opportunities for service,” including 287 requests for Emergency Medical Services and 99 additional fires and other requests for emergency services.
The mission of the Kettle Moraine Fire District is to provide the highest quality proactive and reactive “state of the art” fire service. This service shall include but not be limited to public education, inspections, fire prevention, EMS provider, training and suppression.
The Kettle Moraine Fire District will provide these services via the most cost effective method as governed by the Fire Commission and the Kettle Moraine Fire District officers.
• Recognize that we are here to serve the needs of the community and its citizens.
• Strive to provide the best service possible, in a professional and positive manner.
• Operate with a high sense of ethics, honesty, and integrity.
• Treat our citizens with respect, dignity, and fairness.
We are always looking for additional volunteer firefighters and EMTs! If you are interested, please stop in the fire station to inquire about the requirements. All equipment and training is provided for at no expense to you!