State of Wisconsin laws exist to ensure that government is open and that the public has a right to access appropriate records and information possessed by village government. At the same time, there are exceptions to the public's right to access public records provided by both state and federal laws. These exceptions include the privacy of individuals.
Information Collected and How It is Used
If you do nothing during your visit to www.vi.silverlake.wi.gov but browse or download information, we automatically collect and store the following information about your visit.
- The Internet Protocol address and domain name used but not the email address. The Internet Protocol address is a numerical identifier assigned either to your Internet service provider or directly to your computer. We use the Internet Protocol Address to direct Internet traffic to you;
- The type of browser and operating system you used and your connection speed;
- The date and time you visited this site;
- The web pages or services you accessed at this site; and
- The web site you visited prior to coming to this web site.
The information we automatically collect or store is used to improve the content of our web services and to help us understand how people are using our services. www.vi.silverlake.wi.gov analyzes our web site logs to continually improve the value of the materials available on our site. Our web site logs are not personally identifiable, and we make no attempt to link them with the individuals that browse www.vi.silverlake.wi.gov.
If during your visit to www.vi.silverlake.wi.gov you participate in a survey or send an email, the following additional information will be collected:
- E-mail correspondence: The e-mail address and contents of the e-mail;
- Surveys: Any information you volunteered in response to a survey.
The information collected is not limited to text characters and may include audio, video, and graphic information formats you send us. The information is retained in accordance with Wisconsin Open Records Law.
We use your email to respond appropriately. This may be to respond to you, to address issues you identify, to further improve our web site, or to forward the email to another agency for appropriate action. Survey information is used for the purpose designated.
In the State of Wisconsin, laws exists to ensure that government is open and that the public has a right to access appropriate records and information possessed by state government. At the same time, there are exceptions to the public's right to access public records that serve various needs: the privacy of individuals is included among these exceptions. Exceptions are provided by both state and federal laws.
We strive to protect personably identifiable information by collecting only information necessary to deliver our services. All information collected at this site becomes public record that may be subject to inspections and copying by the public, unless an exemption in law exists.
In the event of a conflict between this Privacy Notice and the Wisconsin Open Records Law or other law governing the disclosure of records, the Wisconsin Open Records Law or other applicable law will control.